Garmin Edge 830(or 530?) Vs Wahoo Elemnt Roam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
I tried a fellow cyclist's Wahoo Bolt, the screen was even smaller than my old Garmin 820, it had with no touch screen, but the battery life was a lot longer than my old Garmin 820.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I tried a fellow cyclist's Wahoo Bolt, the screen was even smaller than my old Garmin 820, it had with no touch screen, but the battery life was a lot longer than my old Garmin 820.

you can get batterys replaced which is a good way to keep tech that works apart from shorter battery life , you can do it yourself or send it away .I did an edge 800 which still returns excellent battery life now and tbh does everything i need

GuyBoden

Guru
you can get batterys replaced which is a good way to keep tech that works apart from shorter battery life , you can do it yourself or send it away .I did an edge 800 which still returns excellent battery life now and tbh does everything i need

Yes, I have a very large power bank battery in my top tube bag to recharge the Garmin, it will also recharge my Phone and lights as well. Works for me.:okay:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

That's because it is designed to be set up and operated initially via a smartphone. So you configure the displays via your smartphone, load routes via your smartphone, load finished rides to Strava or wherever via your smartphone. No need for a touch screen

A different solution to the configuration issue that Garmin solves via a touch screen

GuyBoden

Guru
That's because it is designed to be set up and operated initially via a smartphone. So you configure the displays via your smartphone, load routes via your smartphone, load finished rides to Strava or wherever via your smartphone. No need for a touch screen

A different solution to the configuration issue that Garmin solves via a touch screen

The main problem for me was that the Wahoo Bolt's screen was too small for my old eyes to read the map and navigation clearly.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have the Garmin 530 but only use it infrequently. I don’t really get on with the button placement and keep pressing the “ undo “ button instead of the “ confirm “ button. That’s down to me of course.

Simon_m

Guru
Hi there, my other half is thinking about getting the 530, how did you get on with it? Can I load my GPX routes on to it? Do the maps update themselves like me 1030? thanks

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have the Garmin 530 but only use it infrequently. I don’t really get on with the button placement and keep pressing the “ undo “ button instead of the “ confirm “ button. That’s down to me of course.

It's poor design, I do the same.

Top Bottom