garmin edge explore navigation question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If i am riding all day can i switch the device off at the cake stop then restart it .
will it continue the ride as if i had paused it and will it continue following the route ? asking as i am planning a 110+ mile ride at the end of august and i am thinking of battery life

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
If i am riding all day can i switch the device off at the cake stop then restart it .
will it continue the ride as if i had paused it and will it continue following the route ? asking as i am planning a 110+ mile ride at the end of august and i am thinking of battery life
Mine does this successfully most of the time, but being a Garmin you can never be 100% sure.

If you’re going to charge it at your cake stop you may find that it stops and saves the first half of the ride and treats the second half as a separate activity. I have found that it depends on which charger I use - a phone booster battery is fine but the Garmin mains charger stops rather than pausing the ride.

Garmin Edge Explore is good for 100 @12.5 average, it will also charge without splitting/stopping a ride. I wouldn't turn it off at lunch, just put it to sleep:- pause is bottom right button then press top side left and the screen will blank (bottom right reawakens the beast but choose the continue option) this works better than auto pause which is actually always checking it hasn't moved so not sleeping . If you don't want to look at the ride data when riding you can set it to blank the screen while riding, screen fires up as you approach nav points and can be reawakened with a tap. Always read the screen options as some are a bit vague.

Wandrin

Yep,
Pause the stopwatch at your cake stop and resume when stuffed!

In the morning you can reload the route, when asked "navigate to start?" Pick no, after a short... Pause you can resume your route

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Garmin Edge Explore is good for 100 @12.5 average, it will also charge without splitting/stopping a ride. I wouldn't turn it off at lunch, just put it to sleep:- pause is bottom right button then press top side left and the screen will blank (bottom right reawakens the beast but choose the continue option) this works better than auto pause which is actually always checking it hasn't moved so not sleeping . If you don't want to look at the ride data when riding you can set it to blank the screen while riding, screen fires up as you approach nav points and can be reawakened with a tap. Always read the screen options as some are a bit vague.
That's ok then we plan on about 17 AVG

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yes.

Seriously, that simple. My Edge 705s (I had three of them) had a tendency to reset the timer (i.e save the current ride & start a new recording) if external power was plugged in with the power off. So if I was going to top up the power at a stop, I'd plug in the battery pack before powering down. Route or track navigation will be unaffected either way.

That's ok then we plan on about 17 AVG
Respect!

Top Bottom