garmin edge explore ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Still finding my edge touring a bit reoublesome , its ok if you start a course from home but if you start one from another point the course crashes half the time ,thinking of selling it and getting the edge explore with my x mas cash and wiggle voucher as i want it manily for navigation on club rides and im not bothred about segments etc etc .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'll let you know if they are any good after Christmas Day. :crazy: My 705 can be problematic navigating - always has, and doesn't really do the off road well. My intention is to use it locally/in North Wales on natural trails, and also the tiny back roads near our caravan (road bike).

If you don't need all the training and power meter stuff (I don't) it's the best one to get for value.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'll let you know if they are any good after Christmas Day. :crazy: My 705 can be problematic navigating - always has, and doesn't really do the off road well. My intention is to use it locally/in North Wales on natural trails, and also the tiny back roads near our caravan (road bike).

If you don't need all the training and power meter stuff (I don't) it's the best one to get for value.
i intended to buy today :smile:
as long as i can connect a cadence sensor to it im good which i believe you can the old touring one i have works great as i said from the start but its just problematic if you start the course mid ride
its this or a 530 plus ?

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
i intended to buy today :smile:
as long as i can connect a cadence sensor to it im good which i believe you can

You can, and it connects to your phone so will update garmin/strava and let you know if anyone is trying to get hold of you - I'm not telling anyone that !

It get's good reviews. I've bought a top cap mount that's like an 'out front' one that puts the Edge over the middle of my MTB stem. I'll get an out front for the road bike though. Tempted with a case, but not sure that's just asking for trouble trapping mud between the case and the device.

Top Bottom