garmin edge touring plus - help setting up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wyre forest blues

Über Member
I have recently purchased the garmin edge touring plus and I am having difficulty setting up the display for when I ride. On the display is the map and at the base of the display are two boxes. On the left I have the speed and on the right there is a direction indicator (eg SW ). However i want to replace this direction indicator with the distance travelled from the start.
I have tried to follow the manual and carried out the following instructions: set up menu (from spanner button): trip pages: map data fields: when navigating speed, distance.
However when I return to the home page and press the start /stop timer the bottom right box displays the direction indicator. I was hoping it would show the distance from my setting as described.
So I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or could it be the unit is faulty.
Thanks for and advice in advance.
Peter t (tightlines )

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I have recently purchased the garmin edge touring plus and I am having difficulty setting up the display for when I ride. On the display is the map and at the base of the display are two boxes. On the left I have the speed and on the right there is a direction indicator (eg SW ). However i want to replace this direction indicator with the distance travelled from the start.
I have tried to follow the manual and carried out the following instructions: set up menu (from spanner button): trip pages: map data fields: when navigating speed, distance.
However when I return to the home page and press the start /stop timer the bottom right box displays the direction indicator. I was hoping it would show the distance from my setting as described.
So I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or could it be the unit is faulty.
Thanks for and advice in advance.
Peter t (tightlines )

You've done everything right....almost. :smile:
However the "when navigating" option only applies when you are using the unit to follow a pre-programmed/downloaded route.
Do the same thing, but select the "When Not Navigating" option and this will allow you to set up the datafields used when just using the unit to record a ride (i.e. by pressing the start/stop timer button).

Top Bottom