Garmin edge touring, round routing question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gareth01244

Veteran
Hi, just wondering if anyone has a edge touring as im interested in the round routing feature where you tell it how far you want to ride and it calculates the route for you. My question is does it choose roads that are cycle friendly or will it stick you on any old road that fits the distance? Would be great if it chose roads based on cycling suitability but thats probably wishful thinking.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
It will calculate based on your set avoidances. ie: unpaved/unclassified, highways, tolls etc

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It's ability to do this is limited by the accuracy of the mapping data. It's far from perfect in that respect.

As are most cycle GPS systems.

I like the touring but just like all cycle gps it is very limited. For example, if you select on the Unit to go from point A to point B, there is no doubt it will get you there. But not necessarily by the shortest, fastest or most cycle friendly route.

The round trip routing is pretty good, but I have been sent up a 10 mile road only to do a U turn and ride back along the same road to complete the ride.

Its a great Unit but has its quirks.

Top Bottom