Garmin edge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GavinDavies7

i went and bought myself a Garmin edge 520 yesterday was so excited to bring it home and show everyone and then I was greeted with the DEATH STARE off the wife, which in itself can turn a 37 year old man into a 7 year old boy as I know I have done something I shouldn't. Turns out because I have been going on about getting one she bought one for my birthday (which may I add is in September so not around the corner ) turns out I have 2 so if I put the 2 on my bike can I count that as riding twice as far and twice as hard as I have gone. It would certainly up my training

D

Deleted member 23692

Buy another bike

Slick

Guru
Ohhhhhh, the death stare. I can only advise, cycling very fast and very far before something very bad happens. Oh, and send me your spare garmin.:whistle:

D

Deleted member 23692

Good idea didn't think of that. Could I keep it in your garage so there is not another death stare ?
No need. Simply draw parallels between your wife's need to buy another pair of shoes and your need to buy another bike.

September is another dimension away. There's forward planning and there's forward planning. Return the forwardly planned object for a full refund just as soon as a tear in the time continuum re-appears.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
i went and bought myself a Garmin edge 520 yesterday was so excited to bring it home and show everyone and then I was greeted with the DEATH STARE off the wife, which in itself can turn a 37 year old man into a 7 year old boy as I know I have done something I shouldn't. Turns out because I have been going on about getting one she bought one for my birthday (which may I add is in September so not around the corner ) turns out I have 2 so if I put the 2 on my bike can I count that as riding twice as far and twice as hard as I have gone. It would certainly up my training
Hold on, ill bet your wife hasn't bought a Garmin edge 520 but has bought you a cycle computer. She would be unlikely to know the actual,specific bit of kit you wanted....unless you asked her specifically for it... for like a birthday present or something?

Could this still be your fault?

OP
OP
G

GavinDavies7

Hold on, ill bet your wife hasn't bought a Garmin edge 520 but has bought you a cycle computer. She would be unlikely to know the actual,specific bit of kit you wanted....unless you asked her specifically for it... for like a birthday present or something?

Could this still be your fault?
No fair play to her she has shown it to me her brother rides so he bought it for her

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
No fair play to her she has shown it to me her brother rides so he bought it for her
Oh well thats good, you are fully off the hook then .

Also, how cool is your missus!

Sounds like she's cheating on you and brought the garmin on a guilt trip. Id hang out for something much more expensive !!:angel::angel:

Top Bottom