Garmin etrex 35t

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TAV

Guru
I've bought a garmin etrex 35t for my gravel bike it takes 2 aa batteries but they don't last that long I was hoping to do a audax next year and was hoping to use this gps I was just wondering could I use the USB connection on the etrex to power it with a power bank and use the batteries as back up. Could I use the etrex in the rain with the USB connected to the power bank .

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Backlight is the usual vampire of battery

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have a Garmin Etrex skuffede in a draw somewhere. Its like a brick. Good for walking but useless on a bike imo.

I would look for a Wahoo Bolt in the selling pages. Now Wahoo have released the Roam there are plenty of Wahoo Bolts going cheap. I have just bought a spare for £50.

I think the Bolt is better than the Roam.

Both are better than the Garmin Etrex and far easier to operate.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Different strokes and so on.
My dad has one of them wahoo things and says it's crap.
I've been using etrex's since 2012 and they do the job perfectly well. Granted it doesn't have wahoo's 'aerodynamic' profile :laugh: but it's certainly no brick. Half the size of most smartphones.
A pair of good AA's should give the claimed 16hrs (can't say I've ever timed it) and lithium batteries will last even longer. It will run perfectly well from a usb plugged battery pack too. Keeping the usb cable in whilst riding might be an issue though.

Top Bottom