Garmin HR Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've just set up HR zones on my Garmin 705 and have changed one of the display screens to show which Zone I am in. Is it possible after the ride to see a summary of how long I spent in each Zone? I can't see this on the User Manual or the Garmin Connect Software.

Cheers

Martin

Steve H

Large Member
I agree that this would be a good feature to have, but I also can't find it in the Garmin Connect Software.

Garz

Squat Member
As far as I'm aware it only displays your average zone you sat in. You could roughly add up in the graph what period of time you spent in each zone, but that's just a ball ache.

You could program an alarm to chime on the unit if you specifically want to stay in a certain zone - if that is what your after..

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Thanks Garz, I'd seen how to do that - it's more that after the ride I want to see and record the times spent in each zone. I see I can get the HR graph to plot by Zone which is a start - but a summary is really what I'm after.

I also changed all the Zone settings on Garmin Connect and then went to copy to device - when it told me that the 705 didn't support 6 zones.

Martin

GrasB

Veteran
Neither GCS or GTC offer this facility however 3rd part applications do have this. It's one of the, many, reasons I use 3rd party software to track my rides.

zacklaws

Guru
Neither GCS or GTC offer this facility however 3rd part applications do have this. It's one of the, many, reasons I use 3rd party software to track my rides.

Strange my GTC tells me exactly how long I spent in each HR zone, both in miles and time, it also does the same with the speed zones that I have set up, here's part of a screenshot of a ride I did this week downloaded into GTC:-

Rbout004.jpg

As GTC is a bit limited I also use Sportstracks to get more detailed information, version 3 is pay for but if you can get hold of version 2 which is now unsuported its free:-

http://www.zonefives...om/sporttracks/

Hugo15

Über Member
As GTC is a bit limited I also use Sportstracks to get more detailed information, version 3 is pay for but if you can get hold of version 2 which is now unsuported its free:-

http://www.zonefives...om/sporttracks/

You can still get version 3 for free but it limits the number of plugins you can load to two, which is fine for me. I think Sportstracks is way better than GTC.

GrasB

Veteran
Strange my GTC tells me exactly how long I spent in each HR zone, both in miles and time, it also does the same with the speed zones that I have set up, here's part of a screenshot of a ride I did this week downloaded into GTC:-
Okay, the mac version does't have that. I assumed that the Windows version of GTC was the same as the Mac version, it's obviously more advanced. (I don't have a windows PC)

Top Bottom