Garmin livetrack problems, again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jessand

Veteran
Hi All
These problems seem never ending!
Livetrack starts automatically when I start and sends email to the recipient. Recpient opens email to get map with this message, 'page will update automatically when location data is available'. It does not then track the ride. Can anyone advise please?

dodgy

It's always been hopelessly unreliable in my experience. I stopped using it and just rely on Apple's 'find my' so Mrs Dodgy can track me if needed.

Hi All
These problems seem never ending!
Livetrack starts automatically when I start and sends email to the recipient. Recpient opens email to get map with this message, 'page will update automatically when location data is available'. It does not then track the ride. Can anyone advise please?

I get this when my GPS has poor signal so the receiving phone can't interrogate the position, has only happened in two places (as far as I know) but these two spots do show aberrant positioning on the relevant days ride track. My GPS is an Edge Explore, and it is poor for signal, an occasional short underpass will have it whinging about lost signal.

OP
OP
J

jessand

Veteran
Thanks for your replies. I'm trying to avoid spending another 300+ on anther device. Be interesting to see whether others are having same problem. Mine is the Edge 1000 explore.

I have it activated on my Edge 520 and Forerunner 245M and it seems to work fine.

I only got the FR recently after returning a Fenix 5X, but while I was using the Fenix Livetrack appeared to work fine on that too.

Sorry that doesn't help I know, I presume you've checked for any updates and done those?

D

Deleted member 26715

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=HbqxxbiBGA3mDhlLX4GUw8

Are you sure it's your Garmin's fault,

What are the requirements to use LiveTrack?

Device must be paired and connected to the Garmin Connect app

Phone must have a cellular signal
NOTE: Quality of signal can affect the performance of the feature and result in degraded performance (e.g., a weak signal, older generation network such as 3G vs 4G or LTE).

OP
OP
J

jessand

Veteran
Phaeton, I've been using livetrack for 3 years or so, obviously it's connected to the app and the phone has a signal. I also go through the ritual of starting off the Garmin and waiting for several minutes before setting off - if you don't do this the livetrack gives your position as somewhere in the South Atlantic!!.

D

Deleted member 26715

Phaeton, I've been using livetrack for 3 years or so, obviously it's connected to the app and the phone has a signal.
I had no idea how long you have been using it, nor did I know that the app & unit were connected, sorry for trying to asist you, good luck with your search for an answer.

Top Bottom