Garmin mapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jonathing

Jonathing

Über Member
Thanks guys, I'll have a look at the 605 or perhaps the Memory Map I think. Once the financial sting of moving house has begun to fade.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Thanks guys, I'll have a look at the 605 or perhaps the Memory Map I think. Once the financial sting of moving house has begun to fade.

Dakota has been a good price recently and it's more like the 800 and so on than some of the etrex models. Same applies really, you can get all of these models cheaper if you look around and grab a bargain - edge or dakota. The dakota is a bit like some of the edge models without the training modes. I suppose you could borrow my old eTrex for a while if you think it helps and promise to give it back at some point. That basically does everything you want - navigation on maps in 256 colours.

Apart from the north west of the city there is a dearth of roads that go out to the peak district. Once out into the heart of the park in some areas there are very few roads and other bits lot of country lanes. If you stay on many of the B roads it's very easy to navigate the Peak District.

For the Cadence magnet, try ordinary magnets.

I bought a pack of 20 disc magnets (IIRC 8 mm diameter and 8mm depth) for about a fiver, then place it on the end of the pedal axle where it recesses into the crank - sorted

Or for extra security superglue into place, it won't affectthe pedal being removed.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The new Etrex 20, or 30 (which gives you cadence/hrm should you want it), is another alternative.

The new etrexes are a bit overpriced compared with the dakota. If the etrex 20/30 become more competitive prices this should be good and also flush out the old stock to more reasonable prices than some people are selling them at the moment.

henshaw11

The new etrexes are a bit overpriced compared with the dakota. If the etrex 20/30 become more competitive prices this should be good and also flush out the old stock to more reasonable prices than some people are selling them at the moment.

Ah, only just spotted your post.

I agree, they are - tho' I managed to get one from GoOutdoors at a good discount either just before or after I wrote that - for about 169. Still a bit overpriced, but less so..

Top Bottom