Garmin Max Speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
That's quick, when i use garmin the max speed is normally a bit out when compared to the cat eye, but nothing like your's.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Ive seen average speeds of 1230 mph through a tunnel where the GPS dropped out for a while. Could be that?

On strava my max mph is only 3-4 mph over my cat eye

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Interference from the overhead electricity lines on the railway? Take a look at the underlying data - it's a table of numbers which you should be able to access in a spreadsheet.

Instantaneous max speed from our GPS is always dodgy - all you need is one record that is a few feet away from its actual position.

GrasB

Veteran
That's way to systematic to be a gps interruption. My guess is that when reading the .fit file something went wrong. As you said, a Garmin connect blip.

Out of intrest do you have a wheel sensor ro do you just rely on the GPS location?

GrasB

Veteran
Opps I was thinking about the Edge 305 not the Forerunner 305. I wonder if things got a little funky because GC wasn't expecting that kind of speed?

I will say my Edge 500 & 800 both register interesting max speeds when not using a wheel speed sensor.

Top Bottom