Garmin Oregon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Just to add, one thing I hated about the Orgeon was the touch screen, unless you used a stylus type implement it was a nightmare. Wet gloves.......ha, think again!!

Also no stop start function I seem to recall either? Therefore when you switch it on and you have moved locations from the last time it was on, it subsequently draws a straight line once its found the GPS satellites. In comparison to other GPS devices on the market these days, its a big old lump nailed on top of your bars too!

I only use it these days for Geocaching and hiking, I have a Edge Touring Plus for audaxing/touring which for the money is pretty much bang on.

Although that said, Ive also just purchased a Edge 1030, only for the simple reason I can see the larger screen better then on the Touring Plus
I also would like s larger screen, does the 1030 give sat nav style routing like the explore?

AlanW

Guru
I also would like s larger screen, does the 1030 give sat nav style routing like the explore?

Yes and on the whole very well to, the screen display on the 1030 is fantastic and so much better than the explore. Then again at the double the price it should be!

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Yes and on the whole very well to, the screen display on the 1030 is fantastic and so much better than the explore. Then again at the double the price it should be!
Ha ha yes, so it works just like the explore for navigating? Just that I've used the explore and loved the navigation, used my 800 which I love but for navigation it's terrible

Top Bottom