Garmin Out Front Flush mount -> GoPro mount undeneath?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boopop

Guru
Hello cyclechatters,

As per topic, what part do I need to convert the underside of my Garmin mount to a gopro mount? I see it's a modern one (came with an Edge 1040) so it has the traces for the extra battery pack. I know with older garmin mounts you could get those two bolt adapters, I just want to make sure I avoid that and get something that converts from Garmin-extra-battery mount to a gopro mount, so I can buy another adapter for that that will let me attach my ravemen light.

Cheers! :smile:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Hello cyclechatters,

As per topic, what part do I need to convert the underside of my Garmin mount to a gopro mount? I see it's a modern one (came with an Edge 1040) so it has the traces for the extra battery pack. I know with older garmin mounts you could get those two bolt adapters, I just want to make sure I avoid that and get something that converts from Garmin-extra-battery mount to a gopro mount, so I can buy another adapter for that that will let me attach my ravemen light.

Cheers! :smile:

I bought such a mount off EBay, it takes my Garmin, with camera underneath.

OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
Do you mean like one of these?
1698512967026.jpeg

I was hoping there would be something that slides in like the Charge Power Pack.

Dadam

I've got a similar arrangement on my bikes. I mount my Garmin on top and a Cycliq camera/light underneath using a Go-pro style adaptor. One bike has a K-edge duo mount I bought off Ebay that came with the gopro adaptor underneath, one bike has a "Dymoece" metal mount that fixes to the front of the bar clamp. This also came with a gopro adaptor. Previously for that bike I bought a "Tusita" plastic copy of the Garmin mount but returned that as it wobbled too much. Fine for just a Garmin but with the heavy Cyclic underneath the plastic was just too flexible; vibration would have made the footage unusable.

The third bike I use the mount provided with my Edge 530, but I used a pair of adaptors that came with my Orbea Gain e-road bike. That bike has a built in light and mount for the small display unit that shows battery level and buttons for adjusting assist level. However it alo came with adaptors for Garmin and Wahoo, plus a gopro adaptor for underneath. As it turns out the Wahoo mount twist locks securely onto the underside of the mount provided with the Edge 530 and the gopro adaptor bolts line up perfectly with that.

IMG_0987.jpeg

Top Bottom