Garmin Query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm trying to import a ride to my Garmin Edge 130 but i'm having problems.
I downloaded the RideLondon tcx file to downloads on my pc.I had my edge plugged in to my pc so i transferred the file to new files.
When i go onto Garmin Connect i drag the file over but when i click import data i just keep getting the message "An error occurred with your upload please try again"
I probably won't need to use the course but the point is why isn't this working?

vickster

Legendary Member
Is the memory full?
May need to delete files to add a big one

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'm trying to import a ride to my Garmin Edge 130 but i'm having problems.
I downloaded the RideLondon tcx file to downloads on my pc.I had my edge plugged in to my pc so i transferred the file to new files.
When i go onto Garmin Connect i drag the file over but when i click import data i just keep getting the message "An error occurred with your upload please try again"
I probably won't need to use the course but the point is why isn't this working?

I don't use a Garmin these days but used to. I only ever dropped files in to new files. I'm not sure why you would then drag it to Garmin Connect?

Could this be your difculty?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I don't use a Garmin these days but used to. I only ever dropped files in to new files. I'm not sure why you would then drag it to Garmin Connect?

Yes, pretty sure you just drop to the device. Maybe sync the device I think to get it to show up?

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Is the memory full?
May need to delete files to add a big one
No I've deleted all my activities on my device.

Tried sending from new files to Edge, doesn't work.
All i get on the Edge under courses is "download courses from Garmin Connect"
You and @vickster have ridden this course same as me and you know you don't need navigation but it's a now just a frustration in case i want to upload routes in the future.

vickster

Legendary Member
No I've deleted all my activities on my device.

Tried sending from new files to Edge, doesn't work.
All i get on the Edge under courses is "download courses from Garmin Connect"
You and @vickster have ridden this course same as me and you know you don't need navigation but it's a now just a frustration in case i want to upload routes in the future.

I haven’t done the Essex course. I did the Surrey one and never had the route on my Garmin
Don’t the files from new files get uploaded to the device once it’s properly ejected from the PC, shut down and rebooted?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Edge 130
Using pc copy to new files then reboot edge and it should be in course's
Syncing via Garmin connect would only work if you have access to the course download on your connect page , select download,select device ,it will say download complete and then sync to add it to courses

If I remember rightly....

vickster

Legendary Member
Instead of using Garmin Connect, plug your device into your computer and see if you can see as a separate drive. If you can, open up and transfer from your computer to the new files folder.

This is the way I've always done it :smile:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I have an older garmin (510). Works well most of the time but has gone weird a couple of times, necessitating a full reset.
I recommend googling for a reset guide/instruction (which should include details of which files to backup first).

vickster

Legendary Member
You need to properly eject the garmin (right click on the eject usb device symbol) from the PC before rebooting Iirc. Not just disconnect cable

Debade

Über Member
I just went through this with 820. Texted with Garmin. Their first 2 options did not work. Finally did factory reset, their final option. Still did not work the first time but tried again and works now.

I had always gone from the download directly to the New File on the Garmin. That is working again. So is using Garmin connect.

The Garmin folks were patient and helpful.

Top Bottom