Garmin Repairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
I have a Garmin Edge 820. I have cracked the back (top) of the case and lost the silicone bung off the usb.

Is there anywhere reputable and recommended you can send them off for repair as opposed to buying a part of dubious heritage off fleabay?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
If you're not bothered about the cosmetic (potentially functional) damage, why not just cover it up with a silicone case?
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

Failing that, i would just try a pattern part off of ebay. It will be a copy from China but an independent electronics repair shop will only likely get the same stock as it would be a lot cheaper. Im not sure how economically viable it would be to send to a indy repair shop. They'll charge at least an hours labour plus parts and VAT. Either way, google the repair shops, perhaps one might be near you to chat with.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have a Garmin Edge 820. I have cracked the back (top) of the case and lost the silicone bung off the usb.

Is there anywhere reputable and recommended you can send them off for repair as opposed to buying a part of dubious heritage off fleabay?

When the screen on my Garmin cracked I sent it to Garmin for repair. I received a replacement unit for £85.

Garmin would be my first call.

Joffey

Big Dosser
When the screen on my Garmin cracked I sent it to Garmin for repair. I received a replacement unit for £85.

Garmin would be my first call.

This. Garmin replaced my out of warranty 520 for free when the connector thingy broke off the back of mine. They usually are very good with replacements and fixes.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Is this through the Garmin exchange thing?

I don't know of that - all I did was phone Garmin and they sorted it for me free of charge. I've spoken to them a few times about devices and they have always come out with a solution over and above what I expected.

That is really why I have stuck with Garmin over the years when Wahoo have equally nice products etc - their customer service is fab.

Top Bottom