Garmin setup advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Afternoon folks,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to set up the touring based on experience. There are plenty of Internet guides but thought us real cyclists would know better. I've downloaded maps from dcrainmaker but that's as far as I've got as the unit was only delivered 10mins ago and I haven't snook it in under the radar yet from my better half (or at least she thinks she is)

Cheers, kev

vickster

Legendary Member
She doesn't think she is... It's a certainty ;-)

If you're following a pre plotted route then turn off the option to re-route. If you leave it on it'll take you on another totally different route should you veer off course. Keep an eye on the settings in general before you ride as I find it has a habit of changing without any input. I changed one to average speed a while ago and next time I went out it was set to calories?
It's a good unit but I generally only used it to record my rides although I used it solo for a 5 day tour last year and it served me well.
You have to use it to get used to it though.

snorri

Legendary Member
1. Set up your home location to be Waypoint 1
2. Get out for a run on your bike.
3. When you feel half tired set Garmin to 'GoTo Waypoint 1'.
4. Follow the directions and just as you feel fully tired you should recognise your home in front of you.
5. If you do not recognise your surroundings you have erred in 1 and must ask a passer by.

Top Bottom