Garmin Speed & Cadence Sensor Battery Change.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Hi all,

I have the new type Garmin speed and cadence sensors on my bike. The time has come to replace the battery in each unit, but what I'd like to know is, having changed the batteries do I then need to re-pair the sensors to my Garmin 510 or will they automatically find the unit again?

Seem to remember they were a bugger to get paired to the 510 originally, so would be a major bonus if I don't have to go through all that again.

Any advice gladly received.

GGJ

Veteran
Wouldn't think they need to be paired again. When they're asleep they power down so removing the battery is the same as powering down.

Ride2017

Did this recently with my Edge1000 and seem to remember having to re-pair. No great problem really.

U

User33236

Done it a couple of times with my Edge 1000 and never had to re-pair

pclay

Veteran
Is there a way of telling when the batteries need reaplacing. Mine are 14months old on the same battery and over 6000 miles.

mynydd

Veteran
Is there a way of telling when the batteries need reaplacing. Mine are 14months old on the same battery and over 6000 miles.
Mine started cutting out, being untpreliable, and not synching properly.
Changed th batteries, they resynched automatically, and have been fine since

Last edited:

huwsparky

Über Member
Changed the battery on mine last week. Did not have to re-pair. On the edge 520 I get a warning if any of the connected sensors are running low which is pretty handy.

Top Bottom