Garmin speed/cadence sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

So my HR monitor seems to work for approximately the first 30 mins of my ride then lose signal for the rest.

I’m assuming it’s the strap?

Pic attached of my strap type.

Attachments

• 236B2BE8-5AEC-45D3-9A14-215B7844694B.jpeg
    236B2BE8-5AEC-45D3-9A14-215B7844694B.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 9

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
is the battery on the way out ?

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Just back from another ride, again at approx 30min mark my HRM stopped reading, I licked the sensors before putting them on this time which hasn’t helped.

I got stopped in traffic a few times and tried to move the strap a little which gave a momentary pick up on HR, but only for a few seconds.

I presume it’s the strap drying out but when I got home and removed it, it was soaking wet with sweat……

I guess the next step is to try some applying some gel before putting on?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i got a hrm from halfords for £20 that works with my garmins if yours dies they seem to be ok .

sittingbull

Veteran
Garmin straps can be a bit temperamental, of those I have used I have found one like that you have pictured to be the best. However after long term use I stopped using it as I considered the output to be unreliable. The clip on modules can fail too. Some people prefer the original rubber Garmin straps. Gel may help but it's basically trial and error.

yello

Check also that the battery contacts are good in the belt. The one on the side is spring-like, gets tired with age and loses its springiness. You might need to push it out a little to ensure a solid contact with the battery.

The other trick I've seen is to take the battery out and short the belt with a paperclip. It sounds drastic but going by comments on the web, it works.

Top Bottom