Garmin touring question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sorry but Im not a technophobe and so this may seem a dumb question.

If I change the 8GB SD card in my Garmin Touring to a 16GB card will this allow me to plot more routes on the PC and download them into the Garmin all at once.

I am planning a several day, unsupported, wild camping trip and will not have access to a PC and so want to download all the days rides into the garmin.

I hope this makes sense.

If it supports that much memory then yes it should. I'll go and have a look at mine in a bit and see what card I've got in it.
Just googled it, it will happily take a 32g card.

Simon_m

Guru
if it is only about 5routes, then it should easily hold it. just drop them in to the "new files" folder i believe, and teh garmin does the rest.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Sorry but Im not a technophobe and so this may seem a dumb question.

If I change the 8GB SD card in my Garmin Touring to a 16GB card will this allow me to plot more routes on the PC and download them into the Garmin all at once.

I am planning a several day, unsupported, wild camping trip and will not have access to a PC and so want to download all the days rides into the garmin.

I hope this makes sense.
Yes it will.

create your routes, download them to your pc as gpx files, then plug the Garmin into the pc with the bigger card fitted. Hit the windows button and the "e" to launch windows explorer... go to the Garmin icon that appears and drag all the gpx files to the "new files" folder that is inside the Garmin folder.

Might be worthwhile naming the routes within the software that you use to create them (Garmin connect?) as renaming them afterwards.sometimes stuffs up the file and stops the Garmin recognising them.

Once dragged across. Restart the Garmin and check the "courses" folder to see your newly uploaded routes.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I thoughts routes or courses created go onto the garmins memory, not the SD cards memory, the SD card memory is used for the whole map the garmin uses,like a Ordanace Survey map or Road AZ?

Top Bottom