Gary Fisher frame advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Hi,

My next door neighbour is a retired gentleman and he mentioned a frame he had in his garage for a while.
He said it's his eldest son's, and that his son basically bent his MTB "a few years back", got a replacement frame from the manufacturer, and it's sat in his garage ever since. He asked me if it's worth "doing something with".
It's a Gary Fisher HKEK (or Hoo Koo e Koo), from what I can make out so far I think it's a 2005 from the frame colour, it's made from Platinum Series ZR9000 aluminum, and strangely it's fitted with a bottom bracket and Shimano Deore cranks already, plus the Deore front derailleur fitting. So maybe the story isn't right, unless it was easier to supply the frame at this stage of assembly.

It all looks very good, some minor marks where a decade of garage life has had the odd nibble, but it's sound, it's nice and light, and to me it's ripe for a rebuild for someone.

So is this worth him selling on, or is there no demand for these now? If it's worth selling, what would you reckon the asking price would be? I'd guessed at maybe £100 or so.

Thanks MTB dudes!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

Sorry, sneak peak at the frame:
Frame.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Always a good market for the pre-Trek corporation takeover and shameful emasculation of the range and design ethos. Nineties steel frame Fishers in good order are especially sought after, but I reckon an un-ridden alloy frame from the 00's would also sell well, and would be well worth building up yourself.

OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

Thanks all. I've not the time or wish to build up an MTB really, (and it's not mine anyway), but this'll be useful news to the neighbour and we'll see what he wants to do with it. Either way, he certainly knows a lot more about it than he did 2 days ago.

Top Bottom