Gas - any cures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Got one of the 'Xmas bugs' on boxing day. Started with headaches and lots of gas (kept waking up belching). Anyway, couple of weeks on, the flu type symptoms etc have gone, but I'm still 'gassy'

Tried various things. The strangest probably harking back to my kayaking days at Holme Pierrepoint, Coca Cola was always touted as the pre-emptive medicine for 'trent belly'.

So, asking for any advice and opening myself up to any of the 'Jokers' out there:biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
gambatte said:
Got one of the 'Xmas bugs' on boxing day. Started with headaches and lots of gas (kept waking up belching). Anyway, couple of weeks on, the flu type symptoms etc have gone, but I'm still 'gassy'

Tried various things. The strangest probably harking back to my kayaking days at Holme Pierrepoint, Coca Cola was always touted as the pre-emptive medicine for 'trent belly'.

So, asking for any advice and opening myself up to any of the 'Jokers' out there:biggrin:

Sorry Gambatte...ive nothing to offer thats helpful, but your post just reminded me...
I never heard it called trent belly before, but i seen its worst effects as a kid. :blush:

I used to fish on the trent toward Newark.
Occasionally we used to see a dead cow slooooowly going with the flow, four legs and a huge distended belly facing skyward,:biggrin::biggrin:
We used to throw stones at the carcass as it slowly went by...

Ahhh....entertainment as a kid :wacko:

Anyway, sorry to hijack...moving on :biggrin:

Cut animal and legume protein, cheese and brassicas out of your diet for a few days. Lots of camomile tea.

And don't go anywhere that you'd be embarrassed to fart.

Jaded

Alan Frame said:
I find peppermint tea is helpful for gassy, upset tums.

Yeah, but he wants to stop all that.

Abitrary

bonj said:
apparently eating charcoal works, but i've never tried it.

Don't think it's actually charcoal you're supposed to eat, but homemade substitutes like burnt toast.

I think it's all carcinogenic in some way though

Top Bottom