Gas detector recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aferris2

Guru
We visited my in-laws a few weeks ago and immediately smelt gas as soon as we walked in through the door. Turns out they had managed to leave the gas hob switched on after cooking lunch and hadn't noticed. Not sure why the hob hadn't switched off but could be because they left a very hot frying pan on the hob so it didn't switch off automatically.
ANyway, seems like it would be a good idea to get a gas detector that they could fit in the kitchen. The gas boiler is there too so a detector would probably cover any leaks from that too. Any suggestions? I've seen several on A****n but lots of reviews saying they don't work. Anyone have any experience of these?

Chromatic

Legendary Member

OP
OP
A

aferris2

Guru
Thanks for this.
I had seen this earlier but no reviews. Seeing as it's made by Honeywell I'm more confident that it does actually work. I do find it strange that so few devices exist given that a huge number of people have gas in their homes. Probably relying on people smelling any gas leak, but given so much loss of smell with recent events would have thought there would more choice. FIL was actually sitting in the kitchen totally unaware of the gas being turned on.

Top Bottom