Gas guzzler....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The other week I rocked-up at Hertz in Zurich airport and got given this....

It’s a Cadillac Escalade...the small version!
Today filing my expenses I looked at the fuel receipt and compared it to the reciept from the Citroen Picasso I had the week before and did exactly the same journey.

The Caddy used a gnats-cock short of 5 times the same petrol quantity as the Citroen....
5 TIMES! No wonder the planet is going to the dogs....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Second largest contributor to carbon emissions globally (2010 to 2018) https://www.theguardian.com/environ...iggest-cause-of-emissions-rise-figures-reveal.

''If SUV drivers were a nation, they would rank seventh in the world for carbon emissions. ''

Plus, the damn things don't fit on suburban roads.

Rocky

Hello decadence

View attachment 496056

View attachment 496057

Today filing my expenses I looked at the fuel receipt and compared it to the reciept from the Citroen Picasso I had the week before and did exactly the same journey.

The Caddy used a gnats-cock short of 5 times the same petrol quantity as the Citroen....
Plenty of room for Basil in the back.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Suits you , sir...!!!

You could have declined it.

Not surprised there are scratches on nearside wheelarch already.

Take care.
Usually I decline such stupidity, but I have a new young-gun to train and mentor and thought rather than be a boring old killjoy it might be fun to try these things once. And it was.
BMW 320 M today....
:becool:

Drago

Legendary Member
When I worked in the States the firms cars were Escalades. Subtle. I was able to take 'mine' home of an evening, but I preferred the 25 minute walk to spending another minute in that big bloated gin palace that handled like a one legged car burying a turd on a frozen pond.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

View attachment 496056

View attachment 496057

How did you reach the pedals?

Top Bottom