Gas guzzler....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
The other week I rocked-up at Hertz in Zurich airport and got given this....

View attachment 496056

View attachment 496057

It’s a Cadillac Escalade...the small version!
Today filing my expenses I looked at the fuel receipt and compared it to the reciept from the Citroen Picasso I had the week before and did exactly the same journey.

The Caddy used a gnats-cock short of 5 times the same petrol quantity as the Citroen....
5 TIMES! No wonder the planet is going to the dogs....
New season of the Wire ?

snorri

Legendary Member
Plus, the damn things don't fit on suburban roads.
...or rural network roads!:angry:

Drago

Legendary Member
Positively frugal compared to this,

View: https://youtu.be/OxMxFE37Sxw

gallon a minute. :ohmy:

Except the engine is a Meteor, not a Merlin as is often - even by the owner - claimed. A close relative but quite different. Less power, cast instead of forged pistons, different grade of steel (cheaper and heavier, didn't matter in a tank) for the block, no forced induction. Indeed, the lack of supercharger and the differences in the clock where the mounts weren't needed are the biggest giveaway.

presta

Guru
A CF would be cool!
A bit of an old tank really, but I used to like the chance to drive a variety of different vehicles. The CF luton was the biggest thing I've ever driven. The works Land Rover was the most fun, but boy was it unstable with the weight of a 70' telescopic mast on the roof!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
A bit of an old tank really, but I used to like the chance to drive a variety of different vehicles. The CF luton was the biggest thing I've ever driven. The works Land Rover was the most fun, but boy was it unstable with the weight of a 70' telescopic mast on the roof!
I used to haxk around in a Bedford HA van collecting car parts for the local garage. Lairy handling thing for one so young...surprised we both survived!

Top Bottom