Gas ha ha ha

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Just spent best part of an hour trying to find out how to get my gas meter moved. 4 different numbers (and associated menus and greensleeves etc muzak), I got some div who told me that he couldn't tell me how much it would cost, as he couldn't discuss prices over the phone, but he could send me a form which would detail price range for different amounts of movement (i.e. less than 2 metres, 2-3 metres, more than 3 metres, etc), and that after getting payment, they had up to 20 working days to give us a date for agreement for the work to be done! :?::biggrin::tongue:
Jesus H!!!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Just do it yourself man! A hacksaw, a hose, a lot of gaffer tape and a lighter to check for leaks afterwards...:tongue:

Would it prove easier to leave the meter where it is, and move the house?

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm very tempted! I could agree with myself a date when I think I might do the work! Mind you, not sure if I can specify morning or afternoon, until the afternoon of the date when I'm meant to be doing the work, but am held up at "another job" Sheeesh! :tongue::?:

sheddy

Legendary Member
A friend wanted to move GM a few years back in order to have a new fitted kitchen. Would of cost a fortune. I persuaded him to have a built in cupboard for the meter and site the fridge over the top. Job done

bugslop

I've just come back after three weeks without the internet, thanks to BT, you try talking to them its bl**dy impossible. Then when i finally do make it back every body's moved!

Top Bottom