gathering cobwebs whilst riding!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
so whilst i was out today, between my brake cables and handlebars i kept getting a build up of 'cobwebs'. did this happen to anyone else? no sooner had i knocked a couple off than some more appeared.
i averaged 17mph over 40 miles so it wasn't that i was going so slow!!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Had the same yesterday. I thought I'd opened my wallet.....

pac-man

Gain quite a few cobwebs across arms and face, normally late evenings or nights when riding through lanes or anywhere with lots of trees

D

Deleted member 1258

That reminds me, I must clear the big cobweb off the bathroom light.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Never had webs forming as I rode along but I do sometimes wonder just how much wild life a bike supports. It seems whenever I take a brake lever off that there is someone living in there, or at least some one has once lived in there. Under the saddle is a favorite place for things to live also.

andsaw

I had one friday gone, watched it appear from nowhere and wrapped itself around my brakes and on my knee, i thought momentarily someone had spat, i thought that was a bit mad but it is the breeding season for spiders and that's how they get around, on the wind.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I had one friday gone, watched it appear from nowhere and wrapped itself around my brakes and on my knee, i thought momentarily someone had spat, i thought that was a bit mad but it is the breeding season for spiders and that's how they get around, on the wind.
Indeed, and some of the threads can really travel. Aircraft can get covered in it while flying at several thousand feet up.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
was going to say, its baby spiders freshly hatched seeking their new home, long strand of silk sometimes up to a meter or two long and they're off in the wind.
gets everywhere :biggrin:

Top Bottom