Gaz down in Streatham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Origamist launches video of the year and Gaz augers in on the same day?! Coincidence? ;-)Glad you're not too badly hurt Gaz. Take it easy.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Ta for the wishes everyone.
I'll get the video up shortly as i think that will speak louder than anything i have to say
Driver is to blame but i doubt the police will do anything as it's just one of those things.
At present all that hurts is my right forearm which went through his bonnet and landed on the engine block.

If you're claiming off his insurance then leave the vid private and blur faces, reg etc if you do post it.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Gaz, Hope you are ok dude, Gaz ;)

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 1269975"]
I think that could be ruled as 50/50 in terms of blame and I recall Origamist posted a link to a load of case law regarding filtering - I might be wrong of course.

I would not have been going that fast with the traffic that heavy TBH and GWS.
[/quote]

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Gaz. I have to agree with User3143, to much speed in a bus lane on the left of almost stationary traffic, almost certainly 50/50. I got caught like that a few years ago, in a cycle lane on the left of stop/start traffic carrying too much speed, seen the car coming, couldn't do much about it, tried to turn down the entrance on my left, the one he was turning into, went into him sideways and face planted on his bonnet, looked like I'd gone 10 rounds with Lenox Lewis the next day.

As Easy As Riding A Bike

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Gaz. I have to agree with User3143, to much speed in a bus lane on the left of almost stationary traffic, almost certainly 50/50. I got caught like that a few years ago, in a cycle lane on the left of stop/start traffic carrying too much speed, seen the car coming, couldn't do much about it, tried to turn down the entrance on my left, the one he was turning into, went into him sideways and face planted on his bonnet, looked like I'd gone 10 rounds with Lenox Lewis the next day.

Not sure about 50/50.

The driver is crossing the bus lane. The onus is surely on him to check it is clear.

Perhaps Gaz was carrying a little too much speed, but that looks like the gap suddenly appeared, and the driver went for it - and went for it without checking. Even when Gaz appears, it doesn't look like he clocks him. There's no sudden braking at all before collision.

But I expect this will run and run...

Top Bottom