GDMBR (Great Divide Mountain Bike Route) Looking for Riding Partner/Partners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there, I am new to this forum. I am planning to cycle the GDMBR next summer 2024 from early July to late August starting off in Banff to Antelope Wells New Mexico. Looking at camping and the use of the odd motel along the way. My plan is to take in the scenery and enjoy the trip that is why I'm looking at 7 - 8 weeks.
(On May 30th 2018 I cycled LEJOG unsupported and 4 days later cycled unsupported from Halifax NS to Vancouver BC finishing on Sept 1st . 2019 cycled the length of the Outer Hebrides in Scotland to give my wife a taste of what its like cycling every day unsupported. First MTB packing trip June of 2021 did part of the Great North Trail unsupported with my son from the Peak District to Edinburgh and loved it. So in August of 2022 I did the KVR Trail with a friend from Grandforks BC to Hope BC which was fantastic.)

The GDMBR is now on my list and I am looking for a riding partner/partners to do this trip safely. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have no idea what the GDMBR is. As this is a predominantly UK site, maybe you can explain.

Hi there, I am new to this forum. I am planning to cycle the GDMBR next summer 2024 from early July to late August starting off in Banff to Antelope Wells New Mexico. Looking at camping and the use of the odd motel along the way. My plan is to take in the scenery and enjoy the trip that is why I'm looking at 7 - 8 weeks.
(On May 30th 2018 I cycled LEJOG unsupported and 4 days later cycled unsupported from Halifax NS to Vancouver BC finishing on Sept 1st . 2019 cycled the length of the Outer Hebrides in Scotland to give my wife a taste of what its like cycling every day unsupported. First MTB packing trip June of 2021 did part of the Great North Trail unsupported with my son from the Peak District to Edinburgh and loved it. So in August of 2022 I did the KVR Trail with a friend from Grandforks BC to Hope BC which was fantastic.)

The GDMBR is now on my list and I am looking for a riding partner/partners to do this trip safely. Let me know if you are interested.

CrazyGuyonabike website has a section where you can post requests of this nature.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I didn't know what GDMBR is either but to be fair it might be as well-known to some cyclists as LEJOG is to us, and we chuck that about without explaining it!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It does. But if you want me to help you out with something. I would hope you would use acronymns I understand. Or at least be polite enough to supply a link.

AFAIK IMHO IDNAHFS ^_^ WCBIAEIID

I didn't know what GDMBR is either but to be fair it might be as well-known to some cyclists as LEJOG is to us, and we chuck that about without explaining it!
Me neither Colin, that's why I googled it and it does indeed seem rather well known. I had heard of the Great Divide!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member

Yes we do because this is a predominantly British site and as cyclists we know what Lejog and Jogle is. If I were to talk about GBDURO, I would drop a link in.

Yes we do because this is a predominantly British site and as cyclists we know what Lejog and Jogle is. If I were to talk about GBDURO, I would drop a link in.

To be fair, if you were into long off-road events, you would almost certainly know about this thing - even *I* have heard of it!

(and anyway, the OP has posted up plenty of info now, so I'm not sure why I needed to post this ... )

Top Bottom