GDMBR (Great Divide Mountain Bike Route) Looking for Riding Partner/Partners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dualbiker

Hi there, I am new to this forum. I am planning to cycle the GDMBR next summer 2024 from early July to late August starting off in Banff to Antelope Wells New Mexico. Looking at camping and the use of the odd motel along the way. My plan is to take in the scenery and enjoy the trip that is why I'm looking at 7 - 8 weeks.
(On May 30th 2018 I cycled LEJOG unsupported and 4 days later cycled unsupported from Halifax NS to Vancouver BC finishing on Sept 1st . 2019 cycled the length of the Outer Hebrides in Scotland to give my wife a taste of what its like cycling every day unsupported. First MTB packing trip June of 2021 did part of the Great North Trail unsupported with my son from the Peak District to Edinburgh and loved it. So in August of 2022 I did the KVR Trail with a friend from Grandforks BC to Hope BC which was fantastic.)

The GDMBR is now on my list and I am looking for a riding partner/partners to do this trip safely. Let me know if you are interested.
I am also new to this forum,and forums in general. I stumbled across this forum looking for information on traveling part of the great divide. My wife and I will be doing a modified version of the Northern tier late June/ early July and will be on the divide from Eureka to West Yellowstone. We will be riding tandem, maybe our paths will cross?

I am also new to this forum,and forums in general. I stumbled across this forum looking for information on traveling part of the great divide. My wife and I will be doing a modified version of the Northern tier late June/ early July and will be on the divide from Eureka to West Yellowstone. We will be riding tandem, maybe our paths will cross?

@Dualbiker, if you're not aware the ACA have their own (quiet) forum but there is a large reservoir of info on it.

CGOAB is the grandaddy of bike travel sites. Lots and lots of Journals of all kinds of routes with a nifty search function. For example you can search for tandems. Also possible to contact specific riders. A very useful tool.
Just don't venture into the forums there. Leave the adventure for the road! ^_^

Welcome & good luck!

Hi there, I am new to this forum. I am planning to cycle the GDMBR next summer 2024 from early July to late August starting off in Banff to Antelope Wells New Mexico. Looking at camping and the use of the odd motel along the way. My plan is to take in the scenery and enjoy the trip that is why I'm looking at 7 - 8 weeks.
(On May 30th 2018 I cycled LEJOG unsupported and 4 days later cycled unsupported from Halifax NS to Vancouver BC finishing on Sept 1st . 2019 cycled the length of the Outer Hebrides in Scotland to give my wife a taste of what its like cycling every day unsupported. First MTB packing trip June of 2021 did part of the Great North Trail unsupported with my son from the Peak District to Edinburgh and loved it. So in August of 2022 I did the KVR Trail with a friend from Grandforks BC to Hope BC which was fantastic.)

The GDMBR is now on my list and I am looking for a riding partner/partners to do this trip safely. Let me know if you are interested.

I am planning to do the GDMBR this summer. I am going to get the train to Whitefish and take it from there

Top Bottom