gel pad for seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
do they work?

i just got one and im not sure it makes much difference apart from making you feel like the seat is slack
wacko.gif

Never had one my self so I can't say 100% but I always thought that the consensus was that they didn't work; they can result in excess movement down below, which causes more chaffing and therefore is more uncomfortable.

musa

Über Member
your better off with padded clothing if you can wear them for ur commute...you got a few options out there i wear boxers which are padded and thus lets me wear trousers shorts on top with ease

oh yeah note with the seat pad u gotta remove it everytime u lock the bike up

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I think it depends on the shape of your bum, and also what you are used to. My bum is far from snake-like, but I'm really comfortable on a Charge Spoon ( not the thinnest of saddles, but not an armchair either). I think it is something to do with "sit bones" but have no details. I borrowed a city bike for a few days recently. It had a big squidgy saddle. Bloomin' 'orrible.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
yeh i have to agree i didnt like it. its a good one but only cost quid brand new of ebay, the wife has been asking for one so i may give it to her and pretnd i bought it for her. ill give it a few more trys before i give up

musa

Über Member
lol dnt waste your time just give it to her and treat yourself to some lycra ooo saucy :tongue:

yeh i have to agree i didnt like it. its a good one but only cost quid brand new of ebay, the wife has been asking for one so i may give it to her and pretnd i bought it for her. ill give it a few more trys before i give up

More padding = more rubbing, in my experience.

Unless that padding moves with you - ie padded shorts.

I still think that too much is bad, and being sore for new riders is just getting used to it - many assume that softer = better.

Top Bottom