General e-bike questions, comments, reviews and interesting stories.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I want one of these...
velove1.jpg

A Velove Armadillo, trailer optional.

OP
OP
carpiste

carpiste

Guru
I want one of these...
View attachment 614303
A Velove Armadillo, trailer optional.
That Hermes battery is a bit big though ;)

CXRAndy

Guru
Just wired in my SuperNova M99 headlight. What a super light for an ebike, wide spread, sharp cut off and high beam feature. Its quite low power with daylight running at 7 Watts and 26 Watts full beam.

I knocked up a little relay to drive from battery via fuse and let the original lamp circuit power the relay coil.

OP
OP
carpiste

carpiste

Guru
I was out for a ride today and stopped for a quick coffee. As I was standing there I was approached by a couple who were very interested in the Motus. Lots of questions, lots of admiring looks and as I went to leave the guy rushes over, thanks me, and says his wife has agreed to buy him a new e-bike for Christmas! How cool was that? :santa: :bicycle:^_^

Biker man

I was out for a ride today and stopped for a quick coffee. As I was standing there I was approached by a couple who were very interested in the Motus. Lots of questions, lots of admiring looks and as I went to leave the guy rushes over, thanks me, and says his wife has agreed to buy him a new e-bike for Christmas! How cool was that? :santa: :bicycle:^_^
Thought he would like a better bike than a Motus .

Drago

Legendary Member
Thought he would like a better bike than a Motus .
I bet Mrs Bicker Man just loves how grateful you are for your presents.

Some great suggestions on this thread for e-bike models. I was on a tight budget so bought a Btwin 900e. The heavy battery at the back means it falls over a lot. The "full suspension" gets loose in the middle part of the frame so the tension wheel needs tightening often. However, it's fallen over so many times and still works surprisingly fine =)

CXRAndy

Guru
Mate of mine just updated his 2017 Bosch powered Emtb. He fitted a larger chainring and plug and play controller. He's delighted the way it rides now. I must say its super slick operation and manageable cadence with a bigger chainring

Mate of mine just updated his 2017 Bosch powered Emtb. He fitted a larger chainring and plug and play controller. He's delighted the way it rides now. I must say its super slick operation and manageable cadence with a bigger chainring
I was under the impression that Bosch ebike stuff was locked down so only a dealer could mess with the controller even in the smallest way???

or is this a recent thing and 2017 models are less locked down??

CXRAndy

Guru
I was under the impression that Bosch ebike stuff was locked down so only a dealer could mess with the controller even in the smallest way???

Not sure, he said that all motors can be modified from where he got his parts in Germany. I rode it, for half a mile, it was super smooth compared to my Bafang. I don't know what settings he had but it just kept picking up pace the faster I pedalled. He was more pleased about the larger chainring, his original was something like 15t-absolutely tiny He fitted a 22t

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

the motor is locked down, but you can still change the controllers and chain rings...........you just cant override the speed control or do updates yourself

2017 models you can still fit the speed unlocker adaptors, just not on the newer models

Top Bottom