General Theft Insurance Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manguish

Do you guys cover as an extra on house insurance, or buy specific insurance for the bike(s)?

What generally works out cheaper?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Do you guys cover as an extra on house insurance, or buy specific insurance for the bike(s)?

What generally works out cheaper?

For me I have them as listed items on my house contents insurance

Lee_M

Guru
mine are listed on my house insurance, but read the small print.

My first change got the bike listed with the agreed price over the phone, but the paper work said the cover was limited to £350 when outside the house FFS, so had to go back to them

Mile195

Veteran
House insurance. I looked at bike theft insurance, but it basically seemed to be a complete con. When you read the terms and conditions and what it ACTUALLY covers, you may as well stick the 15 quid a month in a jar, and if it gets nicked, put it towards a new bike.

mattobrien

Guru
I did look at separate bike insurance for when my new bike (finally) arrives. To do it separately was going to cost more than than my car insurance, on a car worth three times as much as the bike and with a must greater scope to cause a third party damage / claims. Bonkers.

I will be looking at the home insurance route when the time comes.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
A TMN moment there, srw? :smile:
Apparently it doesn't count if it's in a different thread.

I know there are no definite answers in that post, but I do suggest a read to identify the questions.

Top Bottom