Generic LED lights - what connector?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I have one of those LED lights from China (mounted low enough so as not to melt windscreens) but the cable on the battery is faulty, so I want to chop out the damaged section of cable because it's far too long anyway.

However, I can't find the correct socket anywhere. I could change the plug as well, but that would also mean changing it on the charger, so ideally I want to find the right one.

I don't suppose anyone can point me to the correct socket on CPC / RS or similar please? Thanks in advance.

Battery and light have connections as shown in these images:

s-l1600_L.jpg s-l1600.jpg batteries.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
I don't know the specific lights but a lot of DC power plug / sockets are either 2.1 or 2,5mm (centre pin size) x 5.5mm (OD)
If you go down the replacing socket and plug route, its be as easy to buy a male/ female extension and cut it in two I guess.

At risk of stating the obvious, don't just cut through both wires at the same time on your damaged battery set, youd short circuit the the cable and maybe the batteries, potentially damaging them.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If it just the cable damaged and it is in the section you want to shorten anyway, why not just cut out the section and use your own pair of connectors?

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
If it just the cable damaged and it is in the section you want to shorten anyway, why not just cut out the section and use your own pair of connectors?
That's what I would do, or even just solder the wires and put heat shrink tubing over the joint for weather protection and a neater look.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I have a 30cm lead with this type of female socket (Chinese light origin) off a battery that failed shortly after take off - of no further use to me.
I bought 3 light/battery ensembles - have been using one for all my riding in the dark with this C&B Seen adaptor:
https://www.candb-seen.co.uk/product-quick-release-mt.html
- the other two battery packs are fine). Pm me an address and I'll send it to you.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom