Genesis CdA 20 or something else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Virago

Regular
Looking to replace my current road bike with something more suitable for Adventurecross style events, occasional cyclocross, and mooching around local trails, but that will also be comfortable for 50+ miles on the road, from time to time. I like the style of the CdA, and have had a Vapour in the past. I need something that climbs well. Is there something better out there for the same sort of money. I'm a 5'5" woman if that makes any difference. Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
What's the budget - are you looking at the 2017 model at £900 or the 2016 at £600 (e.g. Winstanleys)

Croix de Fer is a popular choice too, but more expensive

Bear in mind if looking at hydraulic disc brakes, all of the hoods are really chunky, check you're happy braking. Mechanical less of an issue as you can add cross lever brakes to the handlebars :smile:

There aren't really many Adventure type bikes in WSD guise I don't think, Evans have their Arkose Range, might be worth a testride

OP
OP
Virago

Virago

Regular
£800/900, I think I need a 52/52cm and can't seem to find any previous year's models that size cheap - this year's model has much fatter tyres too

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
image.png
£800/900, I think I need a 52/52cm and can't seem to find any previous year's models that size cheap - this year's model has much fatter tyres too
What about this new ex display 2016 model, size small at £599.
Free post/ click and collect at Argos.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=132112030442&globalID=EBAY-GB

vickster

Legendary Member
As @vickster mentioned, Winstanleys look to have a small CDA 20 in stock which at £599 would be a better buy than the one I posted earlier.
https://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/...6_Bike_Small?gclid=CPqZ3siC5dICFYidGwodgbYCKw
XS too. Small men's might still be a little large if 5'5 (I'm 5'10 and ride their medium equilibrium - 54cm)

The 2017 is a much nicer colour scheme

OP
OP
Virago

Virago

Regular
Yes, Vickster, I love this years blue, but last years seems a good buy. The only real difference I can see between last year and this year's model is this year's comes supplied with 40mm tyres, compared to 35. But last year's has compatibility for 40. I wanted advice regarding running 33+ tyres on a bike on the road - this will be my only road bike and I still want to be able to ride up to 100miles + in comfort

OP
OP
Virago

Virago

Regular
XS too. Small men's might still be a little large if 5'5 (I'm 5'10 and ride their medium equilibrium - 54cm)

The 2017 is a much nicer colour scheme
I had a 54cm Vapour a few years ago but sold it because it was a bit too big, also problem with toe overlap

vickster

Legendary Member
Too big and toe overlap? I have the issue on my equilibrium vs the mudguard but that's because I'm 5'10 on a smaller frame, as I have long legs and biggish feet :blush:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have just bought Jannie the 2016 CDF 20 and she loves it. The first thing I noticed is that it is not as pale as the photo looks at Evans and it will take more than the 35cc tyres fitted.

Lovely bike that will do everything by the look of it.

With regards to the size. Im 5´9 tall and the small is plenty big enough. That was a surprse as I would normally go for the medium. But that would have been too big.

Top Bottom