Genesis Day One Alfine Brake Issues.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveyT

Hi
I seem to have a problem with the brakes (Tektro Lyra/Shimano Rotors)on my Genny , mainly that they're crap. This could be down to me not having them set properly or the fact that they're not up to the job. Are there any more Day One owners out there that share this view and are there any other brakes out there that would fit. Also while I'm on, do the gears have to be adjusted after every ride? ( Lining the yellow lines up)

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
What exactly is the problem with your brakes?

Mine where so bad that i took it back to the shop.
I blogged about it.

DaveyT

If it's the same problem Gaz and I had then take it back to the shop and get them to speak to Madisons. My LBS sent my DayOne back and (eventually) Madisons agreed to lend me a Croix de Feu until the new Day One is released, featuring Avid's BB-5s instead of the Tektros.

It's also available with the 11 speed Alfine hub, but it's not cheap - £1700, but you also get Reynolds 853 tubing as opposed to 520.

joe

OP
OP
D

DaveyT

Gaz

Why didn't I read your Blog before I parted with my cash. To be fair the bike only cost me £520 off ebay last week. I put 25 miles in after work today and I actually love riding the bike, it's so comfy. The riding position is so perfect and up to now the gearing is fine. I'm getting loads of judder on the fork when braking and hardly anything at the back. There's a Genesis dealer in the next town so I'm gonna put it in next week, get new cables fitted and have the brakes set up. I'm already looking for things to sell to get some Avid BB-5's (Will Avid BB-7's fit?) Chain reaction are doing the BB-5 and Rotor for £35.99. If you buy the same rotor alone it's £28.99. Work that out.

Cheers guys.

Davey.

OP
OP
D

DaveyT

Just fitted the day one with avid bb7's but left the shimano rotors on due to the fact I couldn't find any centre lock adapters locally. There is now no judder at all. I'm one happy cyclist.

Top Bottom