Genesis day one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
Having had my Genesis day one for a while now I had come to the conclusion it was too small. Even though this was the case I loved the ride. I’ve been keeping my eye out for a medium and one came up a month ago at a very good price. A trip to Bristol and I came back with yet another bike. While waiting to collect the bike a dynamo fixed 650b wheelset was put up for sale on another forum. £160 later I had a new wheelset and bike. One thing led to another and I ended up building it as below. The dynamo lighting is good for my commute.

The blue is my old, yellow is the new.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Two crackers there @fossala , i prefer the blue one for some reason but wouldn't say no to either

CXRAndy

Guru
Ive got a blue one with dynamo, B&M lights, Topeak rear panniers.
20190214_124112.jpg

Ive just got a 36 spoke rear wheel with Alfine 11 Di2 to setup. I swapped the terrible cable brakes for Di2 hydraulics, so it was a natural progression to go Di2 hub eventually.

It will be my lazy tourer bike for UK trips

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
@CXRAndy great bikes aren’t they? I managed to pick up my Di2 from CRC for £140 and then got £30 back as they had it listed as coming with rotors which mine didn’t. Not bad for £110 all in. I run mine fixed so no chance of moving over to Di2.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
I am flogging my Blue one cheap if anyone is interested. I can either sell it as pictured or put all the new (10 mile old) parts from the yellow bike so it would be as stock.

silva

Über Member
The rear wheels dropout of my older fixed gears have sleeves open at the front instead of at the back like yours, is there a practical difference or whatever reason for the choice? As far as I can see the wheels position is held just by the two nuts just like mine.

Andrew1971

Veteran
Where do you get the brake levers from. With out the gear change part.
Andrew

CXRAndy

Guru
The rear wheels dropout of my older fixed gears have sleeves open at the front instead of at the back like yours, is there a practical difference or whatever reason for the choice? As far as I can see the wheels position is held just by the two nuts just like mine.

There are eyelets with threaded ends to clamp on the ends of the dropouts. These resist movement of the rear wheet

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Thank you Spiderweb for the liinks. Are they comfortable to ride on the hoods.
Andrew
Yes really comfortable. The bike is such a smooth ride, possibly due to the Reynolds steel frame and the tyres at around 75psi and as with most single speeds the drive train is so quiet, it speeds along in silence (apart from me huffing & Puffing!).

Top Bottom