Genesis vagabond

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solecyclist

Anyone got a Genesis Vagabond? Im intrested in this machine as the reviews are excellent. Id be using the bike for light touring being a steel frame. Im wondering if you can fit 28mm tyres to the existing rims. Any advice welcome. Thanks

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No idea about the bike but I'm sure 28c tyres would fit, frame clearance allowing.

Edit: okay it's got wide tyres. If touring I think you'd be better off with something like 32-40c tyres. Plus you won't get 28c in 29 size I don't think.

Last edited:

Tizme

Veteran
I bought a Vagabond frame and built up from scratch, however, you CANNOT fit a triple! I went for Tiagra 10-speed STI's with 40-26 front and 11-32/34 (can't remember which I ended up with) rear cassette. Rides well, obviously built as it is it is heavy, but it will hopefully see me through a LEJOGLE! I'm positive I have 32mm Schwalbe Marathons.
DSCI0101.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I've got a Specialized AWOL which is a similar configuration, steel frame and forks with a sloping top tube. It is heavy.
I don't understand the logic behind putting 29 wheels on the Genesis. I think you might be better off with a frame designed to take 700c wheels with all the fittings for racks etc. There should be a fair bit of choice out there.
What wheels did you use @Tizme ?

OP
OP
S

Solecyclist

I've got a Specialized AWOL which is a similar configuration, steel frame and forks with a sloping top tube. It is heavy.
I don't understand the logic behind putting 29 wheels on the Genesis. I think you might be better off with a frame designed to take 700c wheels with all the fittings for racks etc. There should be a fair bit of choice out there.
What wheels did you use @Tizme ?
Hi im just looking for a decent bike for light touring. Looks like i might go to spa cycles now the Elan ti looks good and demos are selling fpr £1600 unbeatable

Top Bottom