Genesis warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DWM

Hi All

Does anyone know anything about the warranty on a Genesis frame? I thought they had a lifetime warranty, but checking the website now, it says one year. Has this changed recently (and if so, when?) or have I got this wrong?

Cheers

Dave

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi All

Does anyone know anything about the warranty on a Genesis frame? I thought they had a lifetime warranty, but checking the website now, it says one year. Has this changed recently (and if so, when?) or have I got this wrong?

Cheers

Dave
What bike?

Contact them directly.
https://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/contact

It does suggest a year on the website which is surprising, although I don’t know if it was ever lifetime

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DWM

It’s a 2018 Equilibrium Disc framset, bought in April last year.

Cheers

Dave

OP
OP
D

DWM

Hi Vickster

It hasn’t failed, I was just thinking about options I might have over an annoying issue I’ve got.

Basically the seatpost has either slipped, or otherwise made some odd noises from the get go. I’ve tried a number of different ‘posts and clamps (including a fancy Thomson one), and everything else I can think off (grease, no grease, carbon paste etc). I’ve also changed saddles etc. I am now wondering if the seat tube is slightly oversize - when you put the ‘post in without doing up the clamp there is definite front and back movement. I’m slightly clutching at straws, but was going to contact Genesis (if under warranty) to see if I can get anywhere with this.

Unfortunately the retailer has closed down (John’s Bikes in Bath), although the parent company has other shops still trading.

Cheers

Dave

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Hi Vickster

It hasn’t failed, I was just thinking about options I might have over an annoying issue I’ve got.

Basically the seatpost has either slipped, or otherwise made some odd noises from the get go. I’ve tried a number of different ‘posts and clamps (including a fancy Thomson one), and everything else I can think off (grease, no grease, carbon paste etc). I’ve also changed saddles etc. I am now wondering if the seat tube is slightly oversize - when you put the ‘post in without doing up the clamp there is definite front and back movement. I’m slightly clutching at straws, but was going to contact Genesis (if under warranty) to see if I can get anywhere with this.

Unfortunately the retailer has closed down (John’s Bikes in Bath), although the parent company has other shops still trading.

Cheers

Dave

Have you tried a shim made from a Coke can?

OP
OP
D

DWM

Hi All

I've just re-read the Genesis website. It actually states;

'All bikes have a limited warranty and components are covered for one year from date of purchase - all to the original purchaser. Any part or frame failure that you would like to have inspected, as a warranty case should be first dealt with by the participating bike store where you originally purchased the bike from. If there is a case, then the aforementioned will be sent to us for further inspection and outcome.'
I'm not sure where this leaves me. It specifically refers to components having a one year warranty, with the frame warranty being 'limited'. I have emailed them for confirmation.

Cheers

Dave

OP
OP
D

DWM

Have you tried a shim made from a Coke can?

Thanks. I've considered this, and may well give it a go, but I don't really like the idea and feel I shouldn't have to do it on a reasonably new and half decent frame.

Cheers

Dave

Top Bottom