Genesis Zero Sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas86

Hi all

Looking at getting a new carbon 'endurance'-type bike for long day rides, and after a little advice on the sizing.

I'm currently thinking of getting a Genesis Zero Disc - https://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bike/zero-disc - although trying to decide on the sizing. I've found a good deal on a S with a 490mm frame; I'm 175cm tall (with a 77mm inseam). Does anyone have any experience with sizing on the Zero? From the guidance it seems a little on the small side, but I've read that the Zero can feel like a big bike for the size.

Alternatively I've been looking at the Ribble Endurance in a M - https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-endurance-sl-disc-red-shimano-ultegra/ - the seat tube here seems like a better fit (510mm) although incidentally the stack is virtually identical (541 vs 540) with the reach slightly less on the Genesis (390 on the Ribble vs 375 on the Genesis).

Any thoughts much appreciated - proving slightly hard to test either in the current climate!

Thanks
Tom

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
From the guidance it seems a little on the small side, but I've read that the Zero can feel like a big bike for the size.

Different model but still Genesis: I was at the extreme top end / limit of the "L" scale, and just into the lower end of the "XL" scale (as they overlap of course). I tend not to like frames that feel too big so I suspected that the XL might not be for me.
I went to my LBS Genesis dealer and mentioned my size uncertainty, he looked me up and down and immediately, no hesitation said "you would need a large".
And yes, it does feel like a big bike for an "L", I'm very comfortable riding on it but each time I wheel it out I think "sheesh this is a big bike". I'd definitely not have liked the next size up.

Having said that, at 175cm you're in the middle to upper range of the M, so I suspect that the S would feel cramped.

Top Bottom