Geneva to Rome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Have a great trip. Daily updates and photos if you have time please.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
I think it may be possible to stay in the hospice at the summit of the col du Grand St Bernard. Well worth checking out because the col is very loooooong and the hospice is an experience in its own right. (Free dog brandy not guaranteed!)

slow scot

Veteran
I think it may be possible to stay in the hospice at the summit of the col du Grand St Bernard. Well worth checking out because the col is very loooooong and the hospice is an experience in its own right. (Free dog brandy not guaranteed!)

It is possible to stay in the hospice; used it for ski touring. And you do get a free “cuppa“ based on the tradition of service to travellers.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Have a great trip. Daily updates and photos if you have time please.

Thought I’d check in every few days on our rest days!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hello! Checking in 260 miles deep! We’ve come from Geneva to Milan! We loved cycling up the valley bike paths surrounded by mountains to Brig. The Simplon Pass was amazing, we loved it, especially the 20 mile descent although the tunnels were a little hairy! We headed south along Lake Maggiore (I saw Filippo Zana, the Italian road champion) and then had a really gorgeous day along the canals right into Milan where we are enjoying a rest day! Having so much fun!! Here are some photos…my favourite is the family photo at the top of the Simplon Pass, where being short proved problematic!! 🤣

IMG_5832.jpeg

IMG_5892.jpeg

IMG_5913.jpeg

IMG_5954.jpeg

IMG_5961.jpeg

b8072d13-3013-4d0d-830a-5526e5510d8f.jpeg

IMG_6008.jpeg

b2db0071-beb9-4e1e-9971-34382d56bd5d.jpeg

IMG_6183.jpeg

Top Bottom