Geneva to Rome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Did you go all fan girlie when you saw Filippo 🥰🥰
Looks wonderful

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hello! Checking in from Florence, 2/3 of the way to Rome! These 5 days have been quite hard! Flat but baking hot and headwinds too. The flat agricultural lands were a bit boring too! We rode from Milan to Cremona and then did an epic 77 mile day in 35 degree heat that wiped us out, ending in beautiful Modena! Grateful for a short day afterwards, allowing us to go to the Enzo Ferrari museum first! In Bologna, Pog discovered the joys of Italian lasagne! From Bologna, we had two days crossing the Apennines. The first wasn’t too hard, taking us to lake Suviana. The second involved a brutal steep climb in the rain (plenty of pushing from the adults) and then a slightly terrifying descent into Tuscany! It was a beautiful but challenging day! And now we are in gorgeous Florence, where I lived for six months in my distant youth! It’s so nice to bring my husband and son somewhere that means so much to me!

IMG_6289.jpeg

IMG_6309.jpeg

861ab35b-5854-41b9-8ee0-78f199b884b2.jpeg

IMG_6485.jpeg

IMG_6666.jpeg

d3f97bb2-400f-4eab-a038-42b387d40a7e.jpeg

cf5d9e0c-65d0-4019-907e-66e57f8c9ceb.jpeg

97cd3b26-38ac-435e-a418-bcea0e8eb732.jpeg

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Wow, wonderful to hear such adventures. We're contemplating the exact same route Bologna to Firenze next year, interested to hear accommodation options at Suviana or otherwise en route- didn't look to be much from a quick look see.

You must be super proud of your family, and great you recovered from your crash too.

Gwylan

Veteran
Wonderful.
A psychologist I worked with was always banging on about building memories not buying experiences.
You just built a memory.
Also the fact that being tired, hungry or wet for a while is not the end of the world.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Wow, wonderful to hear such adventures. We're contemplating the exact same route Bologna to Firenze next year, interested to hear accommodation options at Suviana or otherwise en route- didn't look to be much from a quick look see.

You must be super proud of your family, and great you recovered from your crash too.

Thank you! I’m so very grateful to be healthy and well enough to do this!

I can send you the route files when I get home if you’d like. There is precious little accommodation up there. We stayed in the little town of Badi next to Suviana in the Airbnb Casa di Filomena. Would very much recommend it. Well located and nice!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Wonderful.
A psychologist I worked with was always banging on about building memories not buying experiences.
You just built a memory.
Also the fact that being tired, hungry or wet for a while is not the end of the world.

Yesterday we built slightly too many memories but we survived to retell them with laughter, not tears! It’s hard, this week! Two more sleeps till Rome. One more hard day today.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It’s been epic in every sense! Definitely the hardest trip we’ve done so far! We are really proud of ourselves.

I think I said somewhere that it wasn't only the Alps to get over but the Appenines would present a fair old challenge too! You should all be v proud, creating great memories!

Top Bottom