Geneva to Rome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
The Apennines and actually all the hills south of Florence have been much harder than the alps!!

Had the good fortune to get a business trip, staying several times on several occasions in the foothills of the Apennines south of Florence (Città di Castello, to be exact). Ran up to a Citadel in the evening to get rid of a few of the calories added via the fantastic meals.

Yes, the Apennines did look brutal. Lovely part of the world though, above and beyond the food.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We made it!

This final stretch from Florence to Rome has been so hard. Hot, hilly, busy roads. Not entirely enjoyable if I’m honest! But the overnight towns were gorgeous and Lake Bracciano was a perfect little mini stop. Cycling into Rome on a PERFECT bike path along the Tiber was incredible and I may have cried a bit when we saw the Colosseum! We made it!

F6D27B0C-2126-42C1-B90A-37647DE96B66.jpeg

D0F613FF-E229-4640-B12F-FC3B26A3B0D6.jpeg

DA9969F0-C33C-46FF-A8D4-4CDFCEE00943.jpeg

2FE23CAA-CA99-459A-B727-AE5D53205B82.jpeg

One last post - I'm doing a CrazyGuy journal for the trip. It'll take me a few weeks to write it (one day at a time as alas, school work calls) but if anyone would like to read it, here's the link.

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/bellaciao

I'm slowly working my way through (rationing myself) and thoroughly enjoying it. There's a contagious happy vibe beaming off the pages.

I'm particularly fond of the Bolognese in Bologna concept - every good tour needs a figary ^_^

One last post - I'm doing a CrazyGuy journal for the trip. It'll take me a few weeks to write it (one day at a time as alas, school work calls) but if anyone would like to read it, here's the link.

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/bellaciao

I'd encourage anyone interested in touring, but especially anyone with dreams of a family adventure to have a read of this.
It's incredibly well written, some great photos, real and very inspirational.

Top Bottom