Gent 6...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Will be there Friday night, Sat night (in VIP) and Sunday afternoon for my stag do... I'll be the nit with a beard in a dodgy costume pestering Cav for a selfie haha

raindog

er.....
phenomenal last day :becool:

Cav_Wigg Gent 6day.jpg

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
@rich p let's have a report then!
Gent it's such a great place it's hard not to have a good time. Coupled with ridiculously strong beers, dark dens of boozers, t'Kuipke and dodgy hotdogs...what's not to like.
The cycling was manic and great to see Sir Cavley Wiggindish win in the last laps of the last race. There's an element of showtime and fixing but I've still no idea how much. Cav was his usual emotional self at the finish - not a dry eye in the house!
We also managed to have a few drinks in Iljo Keisse's dad's bar with all his jerseys and bikes on display.
I didn't take many photos but my mate took 1200 in 2 days!
20161120_175928.jpg
20161119_231546.jpg
20161120_165348.jpg

Last edited:

johnblack

Über Member
Next week.
I'm there, with my son, for the last 2 days to see Cav and Wiggo whup Iljo Keisse et al... maybe!
Who cares.
Booze, fun and crap food.
Anyone else going?
Really want to do it, haven't managed it yet.

Stay in Ghent every year for the Ronde, absolutely the best weekend of the year. Can't wait for April.

Have a great time.

johnblack

Über Member
I emailed the restaurant attached to Het Waterhuis and they replied saying that it was shut down and that they've expanded the bar. Have you been since then DP?
I'm sure it was open when I went in April, but the Bierhuis get so busy it wouldn't surprise me if they just decided to extend. As long as they don't takeover 't dreupelkot as no evening is complete without a couple in there.

U

User169

I emailed the restaurant attached to Het Waterhuis and they replied saying that it was shut down and that they've expanded the bar. Have you been since then DP?

Didn't even realize there was a restaurant! Haven't been in there since Christmas - it's always so busy. On my way back home now, but I'll check it out next week when I'm back.

Top Bottom