gently nibbling away at self doubt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jugglingphil

Well done
I've driven the road to Applecross a couple of times. Each time my kids have been hanging out of the windows applauding all the cyclists.
:bravo:

OP
OP
jonathanw

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
So, worried about your ability you just decide to tackle the highest mountain pass in the whole of Britain?:eek: Chapeau!:bravo:That's one of those routes I'd love to have a go at but don't know if I ever will.

Indeed, but it is only an hour away, so it is one of those must do things that has been hanging over me. Only after a year of fairly high mileage cycling did I feel I could give it a go, and given that I've signed up for the sportive in May, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to make an a**e of myself in front of lots of people by pushing a carbon road bike uphill. However, the weather today has been stunning with no wind at all, and I should have left it another 24hrs.

'tis done now, and I've got about 6 weeks before I have to do it all over again :ohmy:

Well done
I've driven the road to Applecross a couple of times. Each time my kids have been hanging out of the windows applauding all the cyclists.
:bravo:

I think I would have welcomed the encouragement in the thick fog at the top, which was cold, wet and very spooky

Waspie

Über Member
I maybe should admit to stopping at the Applecross inn for a coffee and a bowl of soup half way round

I climbed the hill from the Applecross side in September, two pints and a plate of chips at the Applecross Inn beforehand is not reccomended :stop:

Well done on doing the route in that weather.

OP
OP
jonathanw

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
I climbed the hill from the Applecross side in September, two pints and a plate of chips at the Applecross Inn beforehand is not reccomended :stop:

Well done on doing the route in that weather.

Being an Irishman, my cycling buddy is now taking the piss, that I stopped at a pub .........and had a coffee!

Top Bottom