Get on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I decided to take the railway path tonight and I got overtaken on my Ridgeback Velocity Hybrid by some roadies. I was doing 19.8mph and falling when they came up behind a ped on their mobile, the roadies rang their bell and slowed down almost to a stop and gave plenty of room on a wide path. I didn't see much wrong but the ped decided to turn round and give them a lecture, "if you want to go that fast you should be on the road".

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Strange that. On the way back from our local market town a few days ago, I was overtaken by a grotty Fiesta, from which emanated a beeping horn and the passenger yelled at me to use the cycle path. Can't please anyone it seems!

Tharg2007

Veteran
i got beeped at for not pulling out into a roundabout into oncoming trafic, driver obviously thought I had same acceleration as a car

Trillian

Gerry Attrick said:
Strange that. On the way back from our local market town a few days ago, I was overtaken by a grotty Fiesta, from which emanated a beeping horn and the passenger yelled at me to use the cycle path. Can't please anyone it seems!

and its quite possible it was the same person who told the bikers to be on the road.

domtyler

Über Member
HLaB said:
I decided to take the railway path tonight and I got overtaken on my Ridgeback Velocity Hybrid by some roadies. I was doing 19.8mph and falling when they came up behind a ped on their mobile, the roadies rang their bell and slowed down almost to a stop and gave plenty of room on a wide path. I didn't see much wrong but the ped decided to turn round and give them a lecture, "if you want to go that fast you should be on the road".

Hmmm, 'Roadies', with bells, on an off road cycle path. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom