Get out the way!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hotmetal

Yeah, what is it with these ignorant divs? I mean, why do car drivers get so stressed out at having to slow down (or not) when a slight push on their right foot will have them swiftly back up to speed again, whilst we're puffing our hearts out up some hill that the fat B******s couldn't even walk up?

Also it's not just chavs in Corsas and White Van Men. My mum gave one of the 'sweet little old ladies' from church a lift home once, and as she slowed down for a cyclist, this 'sweet little old lady' launched into a vitriolic diatribe along the lines of '****** bikes shouldn't be allowed on the road!' My mum pointed out that I, her son, was a keen cyclist, and (at the time), not having a driving licence didn't have much choice about it either. If said old dear persisted, she could walk next time… Apparently she shut up pretty quick. :biggrin:

And the other day we were out riding down a quiet country road as a group of about 15. Admittedly a reasonable obstacle, though we were doing about 20+. Of course, we fully expect to be overtaken, but the impatient chump behind us chooses a right hand bend to perform said manouevre. O how we laughed as he nearly had a head-on with a perfectly innocent motorist coming the other way. We were just thankful that he didn't swerve into us to avoid the car. If anyone 'shouldn't be allowed on the road' it's idiots like these.

Top Bottom