Get yer earplugs out….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I thought that was the Bee Gees.
TMN to me….

T4tomo

Legendary Member
No really my cup of tea, but she does have some talent, its just she's getting a bit samey and morose.

Florence was more to my taste in the powerful female singer genre

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Being an old fart nudging 60, I often get accused of being out of touch with modern music...you know...for the 'yoof' of now. But it seems to me that technology like auto-tune has allowed, shall we say, fairly mediocre talent to rise to the top. Back in the day, they'd maybe have an album out and then fade to obscurity. And we've had 10001 formula boy/girl bands put together by middle-aged blokes via 'talent' shows in which the populist vote always favours similar sounding acts who look pretty/handsome & harmonise while doing the same cheesy dance routines. Plus, just whats this with nasal whining whilst attempting to engage in oral sex with the microphone?.

So I find it quite amusing that some other even older farts from the 70's...in their 70's...Abba...come back out of the blue with songs that wash the decks with modern talent. I like to watch 'reaction videos' to old music on YT (yes...some of them are fake) and it's heartwarming to see today's youth discover bands like Queen and they can't quite believe in Freddy's vocal range. No auto-tune then kids, its called singing:okay:.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Being an old fart nudging 60, I often get accused of being out of touch with modern music...you know...for the 'yoof' of now. But it seems to me that technology like auto-tune has allowed, shall we say, fairly mediocre talent to rise to the top. Back in the day, they'd maybe have an album out and then fade to obscurity. And we've had 10001 formula boy/girl bands put together by middle-aged blokes via 'talent' shows in which the populist vote always favours similar sounding acts who look pretty/handsome & harmonise while doing the same cheesy dance routines. Plus, just whats this with nasal whining whilst attempting to engage in oral sex with the microphone?.

So I find it quite amusing that some other even older farts from the 70's...in their 70's...Abba...come back out of the blue with songs that wash the decks with modern talent. I like to watch 'reaction videos' to old music on YT (yes...some of them are fake) and it's heartwarming to see today's youth discover bands like Queen and they can't quite believe in Freddy's vocal range. No auto-tune then kids, its called singing:okay:.
I agree with the sentiment, but surely you aren't suggesting Adele needs auto tune? I think she was / is so popular as she was quite the antithesis of that genre.

Dolorous Edd

I think you’ll find that was the Bee Gees….

Steps covered it in 1998. It was their biggest hit.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiwDHHcHPh0

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I agree with the sentiment, but surely you aren't suggesting Adele needs auto tune? I think she was / is so popular as she was quite the antithesis of that genre.
One think Adele doesn't need and thats autocue. She's a classic, powerful, natural singer.
Not my cup of tea but there's no denying her talent.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
One think Adele doesn't need and thats autocue. She's a classic, powerful, natural singer.
Not my cup of tea but there's no denying her talent.
Absolutely, a fine instrument no doubt. And clearly popular (unfortunately)...makes Leonard Cohen seem happy.

Top Bottom