Get yer earplugs out….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I agree with the sentiment, but surely you aren't suggesting Adele needs auto tune? I think she was / is so popular as she was quite the antithesis of that genre.
I was just speaking generally. There are acts out there that rely too much on tech to mask things or use it to 'enhance' themselves. The acid test is, of course live performance.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Adele seems needlessly sweary in any interview. Quite like some of the songs though.

Can think of plenty of other music that would have me reaching for earplugs.

Tenkaykev

Guru
So I find it quite amusing that some other even older farts from the 70's...in their 70's...Abba...come back out of the blue with songs that wash the decks with modern talent.
There’s a wealth of ABBA tribute bands which just goes to underline their continuing popularity.
In the summer there was an ABBA tribute band booked to perform in a local park. A couple of friends were nearby when they were doing their warm up, they said they were so loud you could hear the drums from Nandos…

There’s a wealth of ABBA tribute bands which just goes to underline their continuing popularity.
In the summer there was an ABBA tribute band booked to perform in a local park. A couple of friends were nearby when they were doing their warm up, they said they were so loud you could hear the drums from Nandos…

I've never understood cover bands. How does it work with things like copyright, permission, and royalties?

bagpuss

Guru
I am a big fan of Ann Wilson from Heart . Her Voice is superb . As covers go this is very good .

View: https://youtu.be/2u-PjvRyr0I?t=2

postman

Legendary Member
Having seen Adele in concert in Manchester I do like her.Now I have just listened to this and it has flavours of her other songs .What I have found wearing hearing aids her pitch makes it hard to pick out some words,but on the whole a song very much like some of her other music,so I am going to listen to the full list before I make judgement.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
so adele seems to be the latest celebrity to get the CC beasting from hell....what is it with you people??

Top Bottom