Getting a Gecko...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
The seller should tell you about Calcium powder, tho it may be in the foods you mentioned.

You will need calcium if your just using live food and a salad feed, though i only feed a Bearded Dragon, small amount with the feed.

Yes. This. These new Black Soldier Larvae are the exception to the rule. They are also known as Calci Grubs as they are very high in calcium.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I’ve read exactly this and plan to get my son to add it to food as instructed.

His dad (i.e. me) is a complete health and hygiene nut. Trust me, my boy knows about hygiene.

Excellent, thanks for this. I’ll make a note of calcium powder as well as the vitamins. My son’s been watching lots of YouTube videos on geckos so I’ll ask him about ‘Cliff’.

Tamagochi? Not a chance. More digital, electronic rubbish. We have enough with an Xbox and tablet. And can you really see an 11-year-old boy with a doll?! (Action Man doesn’t count)

Real life experiences are much more preferred than virtual.

You missed my point. What I meant was: get the boy something that demands constant attention to see if he likes the idea.

gbb

Legendary Member
I mentioned vitamins, I couldn't remember what supplement my son used to give theirs, but reading the above posts, I think it was calcium...itd make sense because he did mention something about being beneficial for their bones.

tom73

Guru
Learn all you can , take all the advice you can , yes it’s a hygiene risk but then lot’s of stuff is. Set some ground rules and go for it. If that’s what he really want’s then why not ? Every kid need’s a pet they teach you so much and give them so much back.

MarkF

Guru
A rubbish/useless pet. I gave in, despite grave doubts and got my daughter (then16) a Leopard Gekko at Xmas 2017. She wanted another cat really but we already had 3....

I impressed upon her that l wanted nothing to do with it, she'd have to look after if & take it when she goes to uni + taking 2 of her cats away after.

Nutshell, Gekkos don't do much, it potters about a bit & eats, that's it, but it takes a disproportionate amount of looking after per pleasure.

My daughter does look after it but l think she regrets getting it. Especially as the other cats found a month old kitten in our garden under a plant last summer, now "Iris", she is currently on a mission to eat the gekko, odd as the others have shown no interest in it. But
"Iris" provides a ton of pleasure and needs very little looking after.:okay:

Have gekko & large vivarium if interested...

Levo-Lon

Guru
A rubbish/useless pet. I gave in, despite grave doubts and got my daughter (then16) a Leopard Gekko at Xmas 2017. She wanted another cat really but we already had 3....

I impressed upon her that l wanted nothing to do with it, she'd have to look after if & take it when she goes to uni + taking 2 of her cats away after.

Nutshell, Gekkos don't do much, it potters about a bit & eats, that's it, but it takes a disproportionate amount of looking after per pleasure.

My daughter does look after it but l think she regrets getting it. Especially as the other cats found a month old kitten in our garden under a plant last summer, now "Iris", she is currently on a mission to eat the gekko, odd as the others have shown no interest in it. But
"Iris" provides a ton of pleasure and needs very little looking after.:okay:

Have gekko & large vivarium if interested...

I'd be of the same mindset

Top Bottom