Getting alot of vibration through the pedals.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
For an IT illiterate like me it's actually easier to upload photos from my smartphone. Just click the Attach Files button below, find the pic, click it then select Full Size.

OP
OP
Mezza86

Mezza86

Regular
My chainring condition and chain routing..

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with the chainrings and the RD and cassette look okay. Did you remove the chainset specially for the photo? And did you take the RD photo with the chainset in place? I ask because the chain is very "long" in that shot, which says you've probably got it on small-small. If you're actually riding the bike with that gear combination you are crossing the chain badly, i.e. forcing to to change direction abruptly. That could explain the vibration. For the chain to be on the smallest cogs you should only be using the middle or the big chainring so as to keep a better chainline. Crossing the chain will wear it out fast as each link will be connecting crookedly with the next four times in each revolution.

dodgy

Does the cassette move side to side if you try to rock it with your hand? If so, you might have missed a spacer. That's the only other thing I can think of.

OP
OP
Mezza86

Mezza86

Regular
Nothing wrong with the chainrings and the RD and cassette look okay. Did you remove the chainset specially for the photo? And did you take the RD photo with the chainset in place? I ask because the chain is very "long" in that shot, which says you've probably got it on small-small. If you're actually riding the bike with that gear combination you are crossing the chain badly, i.e. forcing to to change direction abruptly. That could explain the vibration. For the chain to be on the smallest cogs you should only be using the middle or the big chainring so as to keep a better chainline. Crossing the chain will wear it out fast as each link will be connecting crookedly with the next four times in each revolution.
I Took this photo with the chainring in place as it should be, the gearing was set to the 2nd on the front. I never ride under 5th while on the biggest cog on the front as im aware of chain crossing and what it can do. This is why im confused, im doing everything right in terms of gear set up and riding in certain gears.

OP
OP
Mezza86

Mezza86

Regular
Does the cassette move side to side if you try to rock it with your hand? If so, you might have missed a spacer. That's the only other thing I can think of.
There is only a tiny bit of play on the cassette when its on the freehub body but its comes off in only 3 pieces anyway that being the gears 1-7 in 1, and 8th and the lockring.

Top Bottom